February 23, 2013 by BettyCupcakes
I’ve always been really into breakfast. As a kid, if I didn’t eat within a half hour of waking up, I’d get nauseous. My mother attributes that to my being put in a high chair at 5:45 am as a baby so everyone could get to daycare/school/work on time. Ready, set, eat!
When I was working full-time, I got up and made myself eggs or oatmeal pretty much everyday. Now that I’m home with Sam, we have breakfast together everyday and I try to give him things that are similar to what I’m having. It works out well because then I don’t have to share. I’m really bad at sharing.
Here’s what we’ve been loving lately!
1. Whole Wheat Pancakes– I make these almost every weekend and they come highly recommended from the high chair contingent. Add chocolate chips or blueberries to make them extra special! So fluffy and perfect. They also freeze wonderfully and reheat well in the microwave.
2. Whipped Banana Oatmeal– I make this probably 2-3 times a week. It feels special on a weekday morning and comes together quickly.
3. Fingerling Potato-Leek Hash with Swiss Chard and Eggs– Perfect for brunch with friends!
4. Two Ingredient Pancake– These are also in my weekday rotation. Especially filling when topped with nutbutter!
5. Breakfast Casserole– This dish is great to make on Sunday and eat all week. Keeps you full when you’re busy! It’s also easily adaptable to any portion size you want- just add more eggs!