March 21, 2013 by BettyCupcakes
Roasting salmon is a quick way to get an elegant fish dinner on the table. I’ve become very “pan-fry” averse lately, mostly because I’m just tired of the grease splatters I have to clean up. I originally wrote this recipe back in May 2010, but I updated it with a few minor tweaks. I reduced the amount of mayonnaise and Parmesan in my new version. When I made it a few weeks ago, I found I just didn’t need the extra, however, please feel free to use the original amounts if you’re wild and crazy like that.
When my favorite magazine showed up this month, the cover photo looked awfully familiar. Apparently, this menu is so popular its on the cover of the “quick cooking” edition of Cooking Light this month. Their version is made with a soy-marmalade glaze which sounds great- I love all sweet-salty combinations.
If you’re looking for something a bit more indulgent and that still comes together in 30 minutes or less, try this one. It’s a keeper.
- 1/4 cup real mayonnaise
- 1 heaping teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ~1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 salmon fillets, ~3/4 of a pound (I used skin-on), fully defrosted if
- Preheat oven to 425. Place salmon side by side in a greased 8×8 glass baking dish.
- Whisk together mayonnaise, mustard, and pepper until fully combined. Smear salmon fillets evenly with mixture, making sure to fully cover the fish.
- Roast uncovered for 20 minutes. This will result in well done fish. If you want a more tender result, reduce cooking time to 15 minutes.
- 1/2 cup quinoa, well-rinsed and drained
- 1 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups frozen green beans, cut/snapped into bite size pieces
- 1/4 cup light sour cream
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Combine quinoa and water. Bring to boil over medium heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer until water is absorbed. Add green beans and cover until beans are defrosted and heated through.
- Remove from heat. Add sour cream and Parmesan. Stir to coat quinoa and green beans. Taste and season with more salt, if needed.
Roasted Salmon with Creamy Quinoa originally posted May 19, 2010