April 5, 2013 by BettyCupcakes
Michelle also mentioned that if I created an upscale appetizer using figs, they would consider using it for their wine and cheese reception. Challenge accepted!
Fig and Goat Cheese Biscuits
Layering a subtly spicy biscuit with honeyed fig jam and tangy goat cheese makes a perfect salty-sweet bite for cocktail hour.
- 1 full recipe of Homemade Fig Jam
- 1 full recipe of Black Pepper Buttermilk Biscuits
- 5 oz. goat cheese
- 3 tablespoons fresh rosemary, chopped fine
- Gently slice each biscuit into two. Lay the biscuits halves on your serving platter. Spoon 2 teaspoons of fig jam onto each biscuit half and top with one teaspoon of goat cheese.
- Sprinkle all finished biscuits with fresh, chopped rosemary.
Best served the day the biscuits are made. Fig jam can stay in refrigerator for up to two weeks.
Makes ~45 servings (1 biscuit half each)
What is your favorite appetizer?