April 17, 2013 by BettyCupcakes
Boston has been a part of me for 10 years. It brought me my soul mate and child. I can’t find the words to say what’s in my heart, so I’ll leave you with a recipe in the hopes that, through love and food, we can change the world.
Antipasto Quinoa Salad
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup red pepper spread
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup marinated artichoke hearts, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup marinated mushrooms, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup kalamata olives, pitted and sliced
- In a medium saucepan, add the quinoa and water. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Once it is boiling, knock the heat down to low and simmer 10-15 minutes until water is absorbed and quinoa is cooked and fluffy.
- While quinoa is cooking, assemble the rest of the ingredients. In a large bowl, add the red pepper spread, olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Whisk to combine.
- Once the quinoa is done, add the hot quinoa to the large bowl with the red pepper dressing. Toss to combine, making sure all quinoa is thoroughly coated. Add the artichoke hearts, mushrooms, and olives and toss to combine.
Serve warm or at room temperature.
Love that Dirty Water.