July 28, 2013 by BettyCupcakes
For a tropical twist on my healthy blueberry muffins, give these pineapple muffins a try. I’m still so surprised that these super healthy muffins are still light and fluffy with just a hint of sweetness. Enjoy!
Healthy Pineapple Muffins
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup ground flax meal
- 1/4 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup crushed pineapple, in its own juice (drain off excess juice)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line 12 muffin tins with muffin cups or grease generously.
- In a large bowl, add the whole wheat flour, ground flax meal, old fashioned oats, sugar, baking powder, and sea salt. Whisk to combine well.
- In a large measuring cup, add the coconut milk, pineapple juice, olive oil, and egg. Whisk to combine.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and stir gently until only a few streaks of flour remain. Add the pineapple and stir to distribute.
- Using a 1/4 cup measuring cup, scoop out the batter into the prepared muffin tin.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until just barely golden brown. Cool at least 5 minutes on a wire rack before serving.
Makes 12 muffins
**Note: These muffins freeze well- just microwave them for 30 seconds or so before you want to serve them. You can also keep them in your refrigerator for 4-5 days.