Barn Sale 468 x 60
Crock Pot London Broil | BettyCupcakes.com
Google + RSS Feed

Crock Pot London Broil

August 26, 2013 by BettyCupcakes

Crock Pot London Broil | BettyCupcakes.com
2.2K Flares Filament.io Made with Flare More Info'> 2.2K Flares ×

This Monday is a bit sad for me.  My dad, step mother, and little brother came to visit this weekend and they went back to Texas yesterday.  I miss them already.  Sammy loved playing with my 6 year old brother.  I took them to the airport during his nap and when he woke up, he went to their room and called for him.  So sweet.

I’ve been in Massachusetts for 11 years- wow, just saying that seems nuts.  Despite this, I still completely identify as a Texan.  If anyone ever asks where I’m from, I will usually reply “Dallas, Texas” before I say my current town.  The day my “Made in Texas” shirt became too hole-y to wear was a huge bummer.

With that said, when hosting Texans, it’s best to serve beef.  Unless they’re vegetarians (in which case, they have probably moved to California), beef is a safe choice.  It’s easy to prepare and truly comforting.

London Broil is a pretty easy cut of beef to work with.  After a quick survey of my Facebook friends, you need to cook it low and slow or fast and hot.  Always slice it against the grain.  I went the low and slow route with my trusty Crock Pot.  Mine has the removable crock which makes cleaning a breeze- I highly recommend upgrading to one like this if you haven’t already.  Crock Pot London Broil (2)

This Crock Pot London Broil only has 4 ingredients and you set it and forget it.  Doesn’t get any easier than that! The recipe yields a rich, tender beef with a strong onion and garlic flavor.  Yum.  Crock Pot London Broil and Macaroni and Cheese (1)

I served it alongside some homemade macaroni and cheese with zucchini and a salad. Every last bit of the London Broil was devoured by the end of dinner.  Success.

Crock Pot London Broil

Ingredients:

• 2 1/4 pounds London Broil
  • 1 packet dry onion soup mix
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
  • 1 bottle of your favorite beer (I used Otter Creek Oktoberfest)

Instructions:

1. In a large Crock Pot, combine beer, onion soup mix, and garlic powder.  Stir to combine.  Add London Broil.  Turn to coat in the liquid mixture.
  2. Cover the Crock Pot and cook on low 6-7 hours.  If you are home, flip the London Broil every 2 hours.  If not, no worries.
  3. Beef is done when it is meltingly tender.

• Dana says:

Yum! This is perfect timing; I’ve been looking for some good crock pot recipes. Thanks Sarah!

• Yum…this looks divine! Perfect weeknight meal. This would be great to link-up to Create It Thursday for this week…it’s live now! Hope you’ll join us!

• Heather says:

Hey Sarah, tomorrow night I’ll be posting my Top 5 Features from last week’s SWLP and your Crock Pot London Broil is one of them! Congrats and stop by to grab a “Featured” Button! Have a Sweet Week, Heather ~ MySweetMission.net

• Ashley says:

Do you think I would be able to throw in potatoes and carrots with this recipe? I would love to cook everything together!

• Coming over from Foodies and Crafties Soiree… This sounds wonderful and I hope that you won’t mind that I use it in a post that I am doing for Other than Roasted Turkey for Thanksgiving over at the Daily Dish Magazine I write for. My post will be published tomorrow morning Nov 8th at 10 PST. I will use a picture and a link to your page. If you don’t want me to use it please email me at thisandthatblog@yahoo.com… I think this would work perfect for the post I am writing. Thanks Marlys
    website: http://www.foodiefriendsfridaydailydish.com/

• Lucy says:

Yumm!! This looks fantastic. Pinning!

• Gosia says:

Oh, you made me hungry!!
    Thanks for sharing at Foodies & Crafties Soirée!
    Gosia | Kiddie Foodies

• Ashleigh says:

This looks great, I love cooking with beer and using my slowcooker on hectic days. Hope mine comes out looking as good as yours does.

• Bri says:

Thanks for this! I bought some London broil yesterday, then realized that I wasn’t sure what to cook it with, liquid-wise, because I don’t cook beef often. I wondered if my trusty beer brat strategy would work with this, and your post confirmed that it would. Whew! I now have a 3 quart crock full of beef and beer, and can’t wait for dinner tonight! :)

• BettyCupcakes says:

Let me know what you think- overall, it’s gotten great reviews from people who have tried it!

• Bri says:

Oh my gosh, it is DELICIOUS! I made a whole crock full of beef, about 5 pounds, so had to cook it a little longer. I cooked it for about 2 hours on high and 6 hours on low. When it was done, it was falling apart and just amazing. :) Thanks again!

• bc intro

Search this website…

Kitchen Tips | BettyCupcakes.com

Oldies, but goodies

2.2K Flares Twitter 12 Facebook 171 Pin It Share 1.9K Google+ 9 Reddit 16 StumbleUpon 0 Email -- Buffer 0 LinkedIn 0 Filament.io 2.2K Flares ×
    Seasonal 468 x 60