December 3, 2013 by BettyCupcakes
Christmas is coming and I’ve already started baking (and eating) Christmas cookies. If we’re lucky, there will be a few cookies that escape my mouth and end up in gift boxes for friends and family.
If I get too hungry, maybe I can just hand out some recipe cards?
I made these oatmeal raisin cookies in a jar last year for friends and family. I loved having a ready-made gift to hand out- plus, who doesn’t like food? This year, I’ll be making my favorite Christmas cookies to share- snowballs, Chocolate mint creams, and more. Stay tuned for those recipes!
Create a festive tag for your cookies in a jar by making a recipe card and attaching it with ribbon or raffia! I created this recipe card using PicMonkey– it took me all of maybe 10 minutes to make, but you could spend hours going through the endless customizations available- font, colors, layout, collage style, overlays, graphics, etc.
5 Tips for Creating Recipe Cards in PicMonkey:
- Edit the pictures of your recipes first.
- Choose recipes that are on the shorter side.
- Triple check your ingredient list and directions.
- Think about layout- horizontal vs. vertical.
- Enhance the recipe card with appropriate visuals. Don’t add graphics just for the sake of it.
Are you doing any homemade Christmas gifts this year? What kinds?