Barn Sale 468 x 60
Oatmeal Cookies in a Jar Recipe Card | BettyCupcakes.com
Google + RSS Feed

Oatmeal Cookies in a Jar Recipe Card

December 3, 2013 by BettyCupcakes

231 Flares Filament.io Made with Flare More Info'> 231 Flares ×

Christmas is coming and I’ve already started baking (and eating) Christmas cookies.  If we’re lucky, there will be a few cookies that escape my mouth and end up in gift boxes for friends and family.

If I get too hungry, maybe I can just hand out some recipe cards?

Oatmeal Cookies in a Jar Recipe Card

I made these oatmeal raisin cookies in a jar last year for friends and family.  I loved having a ready-made gift to hand out- plus, who doesn’t like food?  This year, I’ll be making my favorite Christmas cookies to share- snowballs, Chocolate mint creams, and more.  Stay tuned for those recipes!

Create a festive tag for your cookies in a jar by making a recipe card and attaching it with ribbon or raffia!  I created this recipe card using PicMonkey– it took me all of maybe 10 minutes to make, but you could spend hours going through the endless customizations available- font, colors, layout, collage style, overlays, graphics, etc.

Oatmeal Cookies in a Jar

5 Tips for Creating Recipe Cards in PicMonkey:

1. Edit the pictures of your recipes first.
  2. Choose recipes that are on the shorter side.
  3. Triple check your ingredient list and directions.
  4. Think about layout- horizontal vs. vertical.
  5. Enhance the recipe card with appropriate visuals.  Don’t add graphics just for the sake of it.

Are you doing any homemade Christmas gifts this year?  What kinds?

• Marjorie says:

What a cute gift idea! Very creative.

• Heather says:

Hi Sarah. I love your recipe card, it’s adorable! I also love using PicMonkey, it’s the best online editor around. Thanks for linking this post up at the Sweet Wednesday Link Party!

Hugs,
    Heather
    MySweetMission.net

• Kelly says:

What a great gift idea, thanks for sharing Sarah:) I love homemade gifts too – I am planning on making fudge and some festive caramel corn for some friends and family and finish crocheting some hats for my nieces.

• Sandra says:

I love, love Picmonkey, didn’t know I could do this though. Thanks girl!!! xoxo San

• What a cute Idea! I love that you handed out a homemade gift! Maybe I will have to do something like this! :)

• Angela says:

Thanks so much for linking up at The Wednesday Roundup! Just started using Pic Monkey and love it! Angela @ http://lemoinefamilykitchen.blogspot.com

• Wow, I hadn’t even thought of doing this in picmonkey. I can’t wait to give it a try. Thanks for the inspiration

• DesignedByBH says:

What a great idea, Sarah! I’ve started “spiffing” things up with PicMonkey more lately, but never would have thought of this! Pinning!

Thanks for sharing today on the Daily Blog Boost!

– Brooke –

• BettyCupcakes says:

It had never occurred to me either until PicMonkey approached me about being a part of their Holiday eCookbook!

• Heather says:

Hello Sarah! You’re post “Oatmeal Cookies in a Jar Recipe Card” is one of the Top Features from last week’s Sweet Wednesday Link Party! Stop by My Sweet Mission and grab a featured button: http://www.my-sweet-mission.com/2013/12/top-features-from-swlp-13.html

Thanks for linking up last week and hope to see you again tomorrow night!

Hugs,
    Heather
    MySweetMission.net

• Britni says:

Great tips! I wonder if I could use this to make a recipe for my blog food posts as well. Thanks for sharing on the weekend re-Treat link party! Hope to see you again Thurs at 7PM EST.

Britni @ Play. Party. Pin.

• bc intro

Search this website…

Kitchen Tips | BettyCupcakes.com

Oldies, but goodies

231 Flares Twitter 2 Facebook 3 Pin It Share 220 Google+ 6 Reddit 0 StumbleUpon 0 Email -- Buffer 0 LinkedIn 0 Filament.io 231 Flares ×
    Seasonal 468 x 60