January 13, 2014 by BettyCupcakes
Maybe your Valentine’s Day is going to be a little rowdy- dancing and drinking with your favorite cowboy? Or perhaps y’all are keeping it low-key with a chili cook-off and some Shiner Bock? Whatever you’ve got planned to celebrate the one you love, here’s a brunch menu that’s sure to please any Texan (or Texan wannabe).
First up- let’s get organized! Making a fancy brunch and breakfast can sometimes defeat the purpose of a relaxed morning. Start preparing a few days ahead so you don’t get your slippers in a snit!
Countdown to Brunch:
Three days ahead
- Make your shopping list and head to the store! Check your pantry first so you don’t double-buy. Don’t forget to buy butter and jam for your biscuits, cream and sugar for your coffee or tea, and orange juice (and maybe some champagne!).
Two days ahead
- Sift together all of the dry ingredients for your biscuits and keep in a covered bowl.
One day ahead
- Mix up the Tex-Mex Quiche and store in the refrigerator covered and uncooked. You can pop it in the oven first thing in the morning.
- Mix together the refried beans and hatch chiles and keep covered in the refrigerator for the Breakfast Tacos.
Morning of brunch
- Preheat oven to 375. Pop the Tex-Mex Quiche in the oven- this takes the longest to cook. Once it’s done, kick up the oven temperature to 400.
- While the quiche is cooking, finish up biscuits and get them set up on a baking sheet. Set aside until just before you’re ready to eat- they only take 10 minutes in the oven and you want to eat them fresh.
- Once you’re done with the biscuits, get to work heating everything up for the Breakfast tacos. Put the beans and chiles in a saucepan over low heat and scramble your eggs. Wait until just before serving to warm up the tortillas.
Estimated start to finish time the morning of brunch: 45 minutes for all three dishes! Not too bad for a feast fit for a cowboy!
Enlist your brunch companions to set the table and get drinks ready- this menu calls for strong coffee or perhaps even a mug of hot chocolate.
Click on the pictures to get the recipes- Pin them so you don’t lose them!
Bon appetit, y’all!
What’s your favorite brunch drink?